Friday, March 18, 2005

Demons and Dragons - part 2

Well, as it turns out - the one piece of Professor Pacman hardware that I didn't emulate is used by D&D. The good news is - I got it working tonight! Now profpac passes all self-tests, and demndrgn runs into the game portion. I need to map the controllers and dips now, since I can't control the player yet.

Right now there is no sound, but it sure seems like it was supposed to have speech! There is a part where a wizards head fills the screen, and his lips move. I wonder what's up with that?

Anyways - pretty neat stuff

Update: in-game screenshots...







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say this was a game I've always wanted to see emulated, but I've never even heard of it before. Still it's from the Golden Age of video games. When programers were lucky to have 32k to work with and would often squeeze remarkable games from virtually nothing. Can't wait till it makes it into Mame. Thank you for the effort Frank.

Mr.D

Fun with FPGAs - recreating the Atari TIA, Part 1

I have been playing with recreating the Atari TIA chip as used in the original 2600 in an FPGA.  I know this has been done a few times alrea...