Friday, April 16, 2010

Vintage Gaming Party @ Penguicon

I am planning to have a hotel room party at Penguicon this year, bringing my old game consoles out of storage.  (Actually two parties, one on Friday and one on Saturday, if all goes well.) 

I started by testing out a Coleco "Telstar" Pong and the Atari 2600 yesterday.  You can see my team of playtesters trying out some "big-screen" Pong action here:



Here is just a taste of the excitement in store... :)  Next I'll be pulling out the Intellivision, Vectrex, and whatever else I can dig up.  If anyone has some smallish TV's (preferable analog!) they want to loan for the weekend, I could probably use them.

Perhaps I'll throw in some Apple II games, or some other system emulators. Moria/Angband?  Text Adventures?  Trek?  Am I crazy enough to bring in a full-sized arcade game?  The possibilities are endless, but the hotel room is not, unfortunately.  If only I had a TARDIS...

No comments:

Fun with FPGAs - recreating the Atari TIA, Part 1

I have been playing with recreating the Atari TIA chip as used in the original 2600 in an FPGA.  I know this has been done a few times alrea...