Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Space Raider - update

Last night I got a bit further. I fixed up the cocktail mode, and decoded all the dip switches except one. I also found and decoded the bits which control the scroll speed and direction of the starfield. Finally, I found a "hidden" test mode while disassembling some of the code. (Hold down the fire button while resetting the game.) The todo list is getting shorter...!

No comments:

Fun with FPGAs - recreating the Atari TIA, Part 1

I have been playing with recreating the Atari TIA chip as used in the original 2600 in an FPGA.  I know this has been done a few times alrea...